Friday 15 November 2013

Moneris – Promises are meant to be broken!

Moneris is going around advertising that if you sign up for their service, they’ll refund $250 of the total amount you pay them, within 8 weeks. I subscribed for the POS service early in 2010, and called the executives at Moneris for the refund. I was told that I would get it in a week’s time. Well! I did not. I kept calling them but to no avail.

After making a series of phone calls, I finally managed to get them to generate a refund code; and that after almost begging for it. The next stage was to get them to issue the cheque. Trust me it was a punishment. I had to speak to so many executives and then after weeks got to know that Moneris had issued a cheque for me long back.

Guess what, when I finally received the cheque the address typed on it was wrong. The amount of pressure I had to put to get what was rightfully mine was astonishing. My point is why should a large organization like Moneris make promises that it either cannot keep or doesn’t want to keep?


Why bait? People will subscribe to services and approach the provider when they need but loose statements such as “get an easy refund,” or “Get a refund in 6 weeks,” and other such claims that are not kept only mar the image of the provider. 

No comments:

Post a Comment